New fat-positive brooches (and more!) are now in my Etsy shop!
"Why do you want this job?"
Because under capitalism I am forced to sell my labor in order to subsist.
❝ Here is how the internship scam works. It’s not about a “skills” gap. It’s about a morality gap.
1) Make higher education worthless by redefining “skill” as a specific corporate contribution. Tell young people they have no skills.
2) With “skill” irrelevant, require experience. Make internship sole path to experience. Make internships unpaid, locking out all but rich.
3) End on the job training for entry level jobs. Educated told skills are irrelevant. Uneducated told they have no way to obtain skills.
4) As wealthy progress on professional career path, middle and lower class youth take service jobs to pay off massive educational debt.
5) Make these part-time jobs not “count” on resume. Hire on prestige, not skill or education. Punish those who need to work to survive.
6) Punish young people who never found any kind of work the hardest. Make them untouchables — unhireable.
7) Tell wealthy people they are “privileged” to be working 40 hrs/week for free. Don’t tell them what kind of “privileged” it is.
8) Make status quo commentary written by unpaid interns or people hiring unpaid interns. They will tell you it’s your fault.
9) Young people, it is not your fault. Speak out. Fight back. Bankrupt the prestige economy. ❞
The moral bankruptcy of the internship economy | Sarah Kendzior (via brutereason)
solarbird added: see also the intrinsic fraud of the prestigious internship. (via solarbird)
this comes from the top rope.
I pretty much hit reblog on this after point 1 alone.
when youre walking past a dead body in a horror game and it suddenly comes back to life
Oh my god you can almost hear the pug’s screams.
"i’m gonna study now" is my most used lie ever
reblog if you cried